Tuesday, 17 July 2012

My Hair Care Routine

Since I've been doing a few reviews on hair products lately, I thought I'd just do an overview on all of the hair care products I use.

Shampoo's and Conditioner
As I've said in previous posts, I don't wash my hair very often any more because of my current hair colour. 
When I do though, one of the shampoo's is the New shampoo bar from Lush. It has recently fallen apart so I used the photo from the haul that I had featured it in. All of Lush's shampoo bars do different things, this one is meant to make your hair grow faster. It's too soon to really say if it does so but I have noticed a small difference in my hairs length but I'm not entirely sure if it's because of the shampoo. These shampoo bars are also great for the environment as they are meant to last for up to six months and are the equivalent to two large bottles of commercial shampoo.
Since Lush's products are natural, they aren't great for keeping colour in as you can imagine. Because of this, I first wash my hair twice with my shampoo bar and then use the L'Oréal's Inoa Colour Care shampoo once after. It contains argan oil and green tea which helps keep the hair smooth and shiny. The product is very concentrated so you don't have to use a whole lot of it, which obviously makes it last longer.
As for conditioner, I now use Aussome Volume by Aussie. I've used Aussie's conditioners for years now and they're definitely by go-to brand for them. I have very flat hair from straightening it and I love to have tons of volume in my hair so this really does help with that. 

Heat Protectant
Since I have naturally curly hair, I do use an immense amount of heat on my hair daily which includes blow-drying and straightening it. 
The first product isn't really considered as a heat protectant but it does help repair damaged hair. It is of course the incredibly well-known Moroccan Oil. I already did a review on this which you can read here, so I'm not going to go into detail about it.
After applying Moroccan oil to my hair, I then spray in a bit of the GHD Heat Protectant. I actually got this for free when I did my work experience in a hairdresser's back in November and it's not even half used up yet. After that, I apply some Uniq One All in One Hair Treatment. This product has ten benefits, which are;
1. Repair for dry/damaged hair.
2. Shine and frizz control.
3. Heat protection.
4. Silky and smooth finish.
5. Colour protects with UV filters.
6. Easier brushing and ironing.
7. Detangler.
8. Long lasting hairstyle.
9. Split end prevention.
10. Adds body.

Treatments
Each time I colour my hair, I use a hair treatment straight after. I either use Redken All Soft Heavy Cream, L'Oréal Inoa Colour Care Masque or Kérastase Nutritive Oléo-Relax Masque. I leave them in for absolutely ages - I don't have a set time - while my hair is still damp and then rinse them out. 

Straightener
As I have said previously, I straighten my hair constantly. To do this, I use a GHD Gold straightener. I've been using GHD's since I was around eleven or twelve and I've only had to use different brands on rare occasions. I have to say though that they're amazing though and definitely worth the money.

Volume
Lastly, after straightening my hair so much, it does get fairly flat. To get the volume back in my hair I tease it to absolute death. I just use an ordinary teasing comb and Redken Quick Dry 18 Hairspray. I also use Batiste Dry Shampoo which not only gets rid of greasy hair but it also adds plenty of volume. I've done a review on this product as well which you can read here.


1 comment:

  1. It seems like you take really good care of your hair! I've learned my lesson the hard way, I started to damage my hair afer not using heat protectant for a while... not smart. But no worries I use heat protectant and John Frieda's foritifying spray (from the Frizz Ease line) now.

    -Sarah
    http://laceandlavenderhints.blogspot.ca

    ps. I love the leoopard background!

    ReplyDelete