Saturday, 28 July 2012

My Favourite Lipsticks

Evening all!
I haven't been feeling my best at all the past couple of days so I thought I'd take a break from watching endless episodes of 21 Jump Street and do a blog post.
As some of you may already know, I'm an absolute lipstick junkie. It's definitely my favourite makeup product and I can never leave the house without wearing it.
I didn't exactly intend on doing these in order but I suppose it sort of came out that way anyway. 


1. Chanel Rouge Allure - No. 58 Audace
This lipstick was originally an impulse buy. I bought it back in February in Tenerife. Me and my friend walked into a random perfume shop on the beach and saw that they had a Chanel counter. 
The tax on makeup in Ireland is really quite high and I was in dying need of a new red lipstick so I just had to get one. I was drawn to this shade in particular because it's called "Audace" which means "daring" in French.
 It was originally around €20 but I got some sort of discount, I think it was because I was a student, I'm not really sure to be honest. 
As with all Chanel lipsticks the pigmentation is absolutely amazing and it lasts for ages! It also has a bit of gloss to it when you first apply it. 




2. MAC - Creme Cup
I was on the hunt for a new nude lipstick last month after running out of my third Darling by Gosh and after hearing so much about this colour I finally decided to buy it. Since then, I have been wearing it non-stop. 
For me it's definitely a "my lips but better" shade. It's also great for 1960's makeup as well which I adore!
It goes on creamy and a bit glossy as it is a cremesheen but I find it looses it's gloss after a while.




3. Revlon - Pink Pout
I bought this lipstick back in the summer of 2010 and I am amazed that I still have any left as I wear it so much. I did however, neglect it a bit in the beginning I have to admit. 
I find this colour to be very similar to MAC's Creme Cup just a bit more pink. It also has a matte finish which I love because I'm really not a gloss person at all. 




4. Inglot -  No. 281
If you follow me on Instagram (@SophieLouiseButler - just thought I'd throw that out there), you'll know that I bought this lipstick during the week. I've been eyeing up this lipstick every time I went into Inglot and I finally just decided to buy it. I've also never used any of their lip products before so I thought I'd give it a go! 
First of - the scent of it is delicious. If Jesus was a Starburst, he'd smell like this lipstick. 
As for the lipstick itself, it is very pigmented, however, it doesn't stay on very long and I find myself having to reapply it a fair bit. It does also get rather drying on the lips. The colour though is just absolutely amazing and I'm willing to sacrifice the moisture of my lips to wear this.




5. Barry M - No. 52
I actually haven't a clue when I bought this lipstick. It must have been around a year and a half ago but I didn't start wearing it until the beginning of last summer.
This is without a doubt my favourite pink lipstick ever. I'm not really one for light pinks. I love incredibly bright pinks, and that's exactly what this is. It's incredibly pigmented and it lasts all day.
The only problem I have with this is the same problem I have with all Barry M lipsticks and that is that it's very drying on the lips - more so than the Inglot one.



1 comment:

  1. Love your picks, I adore Barry M lippy I think I have that shade -any lipstick that is barbie pink and I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete