Saturday, 21 July 2012

Nails of the Day - Overglaze


For someone who always has their nails painted, nails of the day posts sure aren't my favourites. Simply because I have the worst looking hands known to man, but I just love these nail polishes too much not to do a post!
These nails are definitely something I'd only really wear in autumn or winter but I just couldn't resist as I haven't worn them in so long.

As always, I first used Kensington Basecoat Caviar before applying Chelsea which is a very deep, dark plum colour that almost looks black. I got this polish in a duo set with The Donmar which I applied over it. This is one of Nails Inc.'s Special Effects polishes which is an overglaze topcoat. It's a green/gold flake glitter that is holographic - very Irish! I love the formula of this as it's not too thick. 
Although it is technically a topcoat, it's not great at preventing chipping or anything that a typical topcoat would do. Because of this I still applied Kensington Topcoat Caviar over my nails.

Kensington Basecoat Caviar, Chelsea, The Donmar, Kensington Topcoat Caviar.

1 comment:

  1. You've done a brilliant nuance!
    Good idea!
    I love it!

    http://thekityshoesworld.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete