Saturday, 14 July 2012

Lush: Bubblegum Lip Scrub - Review

Yet another review!
This is my third review in the past few days and I apologise if anyone is bothered by this but if you follow me on Twitter you'll know that my sleeping pattern is just completely messed up. Just like every summer, I get into this habit of where I don't sleep until four or five in the morning and then I wake up at around two or three in the afternoon, so these are just the easiest posts for me to do at the moment.

And now on with the review..
As you may have seen in my last haul, I went into Lush for the first time the other week. I only bought two products but they were two products I was dying to try and one of them was the lip scrub.
Lush have three flavours of lip scrubs - Mint Julips, Sweet Lips and of course, Bubblegum. I only bought the Bubblegum one but I still had a chance to smell the other two and they all smell absolutely gorgeous! Mint Julips has a peppermint scent while Sweet Lips has a vanilla scent to it.
When using the lip scrub all you have to do is rub it into your lips with your fingers and then just lick it off! Don't worry though, it's perfectly safe as the lip scrub is actually edible as it's made of castor sugar. Then I just apply some Carmex to my lips afterwards. I sometimes exfoliate my lips with an old toothbrush as well to help get them even smoother. 
I have very dry lips myself and they get even dryer in this current change of weather and this lip scrub has definitely made an immense improvement on them.
However, I still have to point out the couple of cons that there are with this. The first one is that it is rather expensive. It costs €6.75 for 25g of this product which is quite a bit considering you could make your own at home with some sugar and some olive oil. This lip scrub can also be very messy which doesn't end up bothering me that much unless I have makeup on or something. 
In short, I adore this product and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has trouble with dry, chapped lips.


1 comment:

  1. I have this and use it basically every day! such a great product.

    Really enjoying reading your blog and following via GFC. Follow back?

    Find me at: albertinebloves.blogspot.com

    x x

    ReplyDelete