Thursday, 12 July 2012

Moroccan Oil Treatment - Review


I'm sure by now you have all heard of Moroccan oil as there has been a massive hype around it in the beauty world the past couple years. I myself have been using it since 2010. However, in November of last year I was doing work experience in my mother's hair salon and I had one client ask me what does it do. That made me realise that not everyone may know about it - even though the chances are still very slim - so I thought I'd do a review on it!

History
Argan oil, or Moroccan oil, has been the well kept secret of the Berber women in Morocco up until recent years. These women would use it to nourish their skin, hair and nails.
The Berber women's original method of collecting the Argan nuts isn't exactly the most pleasant, as they collected the undigested nuts from goat's waste. They would then grind them up to make a nutty oil. 
Fortunately now it's made from simply the kernels harvested directly from the Argan tree in a more sanitary manner.
The Argan tree was before abundant across North Africa but now it is mainly found in a small area in Morocco, hence the company's name.

Argan nuts

How To Use
When you first buy Moroccan oil, there's just an ordinary cap, but it also comes with a pump. So first off you just have to switch them around. Thankfully, that's the difficult part over, haha!
Every time you wash your hair, while your hair is still damp, take a few pumps of the oil into the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together and apply to the ends of your hair. Then style your hair as normal. Simple as!

What It Does
This magic oil, as I like to call it, does an incredible amount for the well-being of your hair.
First off, a lot of hair moisturiser products contain alcohol, which is one of the worst ingredients for a hair moisturising product as alcohol completely dries your hair out. Moroccan oil is a completely natural that won't poison your skin or bloodstream - which is always a good thing.
As I've already mentioned, this is a hair moisturising product and it does exactly that. I've been dying and straightening my hair an incredible amount since the age of eleven so I have very dry hair myself. I stopped using for a while at the start of the year, which was a rather stupid thing of me to do. I then started using it again around May and it made me realise how much it actually does moisturise my hair. It also reduces frizz which is also great for people who straighten or blow-dry their hair as it makes the hair easier to manage.
Moroccan oil is great for a adding a nice shine to your hair without it looking greasy. Unless you use too much of it, obviously.
The last thing that Moroccan oil does it that it offers plenty of vitamins and nutrients, such as Vitamin E and F as well as phenols, to name a few. These ingredients leave your hair strong and healthy. In addition to this, the magic oil offers UV protection which is great for summer especially. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it's more suitable for thick hair, my hair don't do well after oil:)

    ReplyDelete