Wednesday, 31 October 2012

☠ Halloween Tag! ☠


As you can see, I've been fairly M.I.A for the past two months which I really wasn't planning on. I went back to school back in September which kept me away from my blog quite a bit, along with a few other things. I've been meaning to start back blogging the past week or so when I saw that I was tagged by Maggie Munster to do the Halloween tag, so I thought, what better way to start things off again?

Amityville Horror
1. Favourite Halloween movie?
I absolutely adore watching horror movies all year round, so when it comes to the week of Halloween I'm just spoiled for choice. If I had to choose a favourite horror movie it'd probably be Amityville Horror - I would say the original but, the 2005 version has a shirtless Ryan Reynolds which nothing can compete with. As for normal Halloween movies it's between Hocus Pocus, Nightmare Before Christmas or Halloween Town.

2. What age did you stop trick-or-treating?
I can't remember the exact age that I stopped however, I remember being one of the last of my friends to stop. That didn't really affect me though considering I was about ten the last time I went trick-or-treating.

3. Favourite Halloween costume you've worn? 
I've only dressed up for Halloween about twice since since I stopped trick-or-treating and even when I was younger I didn't dress up as anything very spectacular or unique. I do remember one year though, when I was about five, when I went as Buttercup from The Powerpuff Girls. I was absolutely obsessed with them at the time and unfortunately I can't find any photos of my costume.

4. What are you going to be this year?
A grumpy sixteen year old that stays at home blogging while ignoring children at her door. 
As much as I say I love Halloween, I end up doing nothing for it. Even when I have plans for the night I don't usually dress up as anything in particular.

My favourite Halloween costume.
5. Do you like going to haunted attractions?
I am absolutely obsessed with anything paranormal, but unfortunately there's no haunted attractions around me, that I'm aware of anyway. 

6. Vampires or werewolves?
If I had to choose, I'd go with werewolves. I absolutely detest vampires, from any era, not just the ones that sparkle from recent years. Even when I was a child I refused to ever dress up as one.

7. Favourite Halloween candy?
I never really had a favourite up until a few years ago when I had a candy apple for the first time - I know, I know, what have I been doing every Halloween? 

8. Do you decorate your house?
My dad used to be mad about decorating the house every Halloween when I was a child and I would, of course, always help him. However, in recent years, he'd decorate the house on the morning of the 31st and take everything down the next afternoon. This year was different though because we've had decorations up all around the house for the past week and a half. I always have to decorate my room every year though and I usually end up not moving them until New Year.
One of my favourite decorations in my room.
Instagram - SophieLouiseButler

9. Least favourite costume?
As I've already said, I absolutely cannot stand vampires so probably them. Or when half of the teenage girls in the country go as cats every year. If you're going to dress up, at least put a bit more effort into it then just putting a bit of black eyeliner on your nose.

10. Have you ever repeated a costume and what was it?
I can't even remember half of the costumes I wore when I was younger but I'm pretty sure I went as a witch more than once. Other than that I don't think I have.

11. Any weird family traditions for Halloween?
My family have never really been really into Halloween, I suppose. We do get barmbrack every year like any other Irish family. I'm pretty sure it's only an Irish tradition anyway but for anyone who isn't aware of it - barmbrack is basically just bread with raisins and sultanas in it but there's also a ring in it and it's meant to bring luck to whoever finds the ring.

12. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes!
I've always been a strong believer in ghosts. I adore reading and watching anything on the paranormal. I have had a few experiences relating to the paranormal but nothing major. 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

1 comment: